On October 4th Travis Lusney, Director at Power Advisory, presented a case study on Ontario retail price impacts to the Canadian Energy Research Institute (CERI) at the CERI 2016 Electricity Conference in Calgary.
This presentation provided a case study on Ontario’s Regulated Price Plan (RPP) and the impact on residential and small business consumers in the provinces. The case study briefly reviewed the history of the RPP and reasoning for the recent price escalations for consumers in the program. A discussion on the benefits and drawbacks of the RPP approach was provided along with current changes under consideration. The presentation also presented dynamic pricing concepts in electricity and examples from other jurisdictions. Power Advisory provided commentary on the overall effectiveness of the RPP and Ontario’s retail price impacts.
For more information, please see the CERI 2016 Electricity Conference website
On October 18, 2016, John Dalton, President of Power Advisory LLC, will present a new report on the opportunity to include wind energy in electricity exports to the northeastern U.S. — a promising market for Quebec’s wind industry highlighted in the 2030 energy policy.
The presentation will take place at a CanWEA connections network series event in Montreal.
For information on the event, please click here
On July 23rd Michael Ernst of Power Advisory spoke at the New England Energy and Commerce Association’s Annual Environmental Conference on the impact of Carbon Regulation on New England electricity generators.
For a copy of the presentation, please see our reports section
On June 16th John Dalton, President of Power Advisory LLC, participated in a workshop in Washington D.C. convened by the Natural Resources Defense Council on Opening a Wider Dialogue: Canada, the United States, and Clean Energy.
Travis Lusney, Senior Consultant at Power Advisory recently spoke at the Green Profit Conference in Kingston Ontario. Travis was part of a panel on the economic case for renewable generation in Ontario. For more information on the conference please visit Green Profit
On October 22, Power Advisory’s Managing Director Jason Chee-Aloy provided a presentation on the possibility of a Capacity Market in Ontario.
For a copy of the presentation, please visit our reports page
On October 28th, 2014 Power Advisory LLC President John Dalton presented at the CanWEA 2014 Conference. The presentation provided evidence regarding future declines in the cost of wind including recent experience with cost of wind energy and future cost reductions.
For a copy of the presentation please visit our reports page.
Fresh off moderating a session on October 7, 2014 at the annual Ontario Energy Association (OEA) conference regarding the outlook for Ontario’s energy supply, demand and markets, Power Advisory LLC’s Managing Director, Jason Chee-Aloy, will be speaking at the following events over the next few months.
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE) – Possibility of Capacity Markets in Ontario (Toronto, October 22, 2014): outlook of Ontario’s electricity resource adequacy needs with an assessment of procurement options and mechanisms to meet these needs along with commentary on the IESO’s proposal to design and implement a capacity market
- Canadian Electricity Regulation Overview – Ontario’s Electricity Sector in 2025 (Toronto, October 23, 2014): outlook of potential challenges and opportunities for Ontario’s electricity sector including supply and demand balance, IESO/OPA merger and governance impacts, regulatory changes, potential for government-owned asset divestiture and impacts to market structure, and potential wholesale market design changes
- Canada Energy Storage Summit – Energy Storage Technologies: Do we actually need them? (Toronto, November 12, 2014): what are the opportunities for energy storage project development, what benefits do these projects provide, and how to effectively integrate them with the power system and markets
- Association of Power Producers of Ontario (APPrO) – Transformation Underway: 26th Annual Canadian Power Conference (Toronto, November 18, 2014): the first session in the morning addresses how the Ontario government’s Long-Term Energy Plan will need to change and what kind of transformation is Ontario in for, and the second session in the afternoon addresses resource adequacy procurement options for Ontario with an assessment of auction design, procurement contracts and other potential market mechanisms
- Canadian Power Finance – IESO/OPA Merger: What does it mean for the market? (Toronto, January 29, 2015): issues for the merger such as potential conflicts between management of procurement contracts and wholesale market operations, existing Ministerial Directives specifying procurement initiatives and how these initiatives will be met, along with other topics will be examined
Please contact us if you have any questions or wish to include any of Power Advisory’s team of experts in your upcoming conference or strategy session.
Power Advisory’s Managing Director Jason Chee-Aloy and Senior Consultant Travis Lusney are presenting at the Ontario Power Conference. Go to our Reports section for Power Advisory’s review of the possibility of capacity markets in Ontario.
More information on the Ontario Power Conference
Power Advisory LLC was honoured to participate at CanSIA’s Solar Ontario 2013 conference on May 29/30 2013 in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Jason Chee-Aloy, Managing Director, was a Panelist on Ontario’s Electricity System – The Changing Landscape and the Evolving Role of Solar Energy.
Travis Lusney, Senior Consultant, was a Presenter and Moderator on Electricity Consumer Empowerment – Enabling Distributed Solar Power Generation.
You can find the full conference program here.