Power Advisory consultants support a broad range of clients within electricity markets across North America. These clients include generators, transmitters, distributors, energy storage providers, demand response providers, distributed energy resources, traders, electricity customers,financiers and investors, regulators, system operators, and governments and government agencies.
We are seeking qualified candidates in the areas of data analysis, modeling, research, and report development, with a specific focus on electricity market analytics. Candidates should have proven experience working with large data sets, gathering data from disparate sources, developing and maintaining databases, and producing analytical results in various forms including visual representations. Proven skills with tools such as R or Python are a key asset.
This is a salaried full-time position with annual bonuses commensurate to individual contributions. Power Advisory offices flexible work arrangements, with workfrom home or from our Toronto office.
Successful candidates will work with other Power Advisory consultants and directly with clients within the following main areas.
Forecasting and Modeling
· Analyzing data/information, as inputs to electricity market forecasts and models within the following, but not limited to, areas of electricity markets, other energy markets (e.g., natural gas,etc.), economics and finance, environment and climate change, etc.
· Developing graphics and standardized report outputs
· Automating forecast processes
· Validating and ensuring accuracy of input data/information and results of electricity market forecasts and models
Research and Reporting
· Performing data collection and information gathering to support electricity market forecasts and models, as inputs and other uses
· Performing detailed research and analysis in relevant electricity market subject matters to support electricity market forecasts and models
· Developing presentations, reports, and summaries internal to Power Advisory and external for clients on results of electricity market forecasts and models
Maintaining Data/Information, Forecasts and Models
· Creating and managing multiple databases to support development and maintenance of electricity market forecasts and models,and development of presentations, reports, and summaries
· Automating processes
· Calibrating and testing electricity market forecasts and models, as required, to best ensure reasonableness of results from forecasts and models
· Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Finance,Engineering, Mathematics or other analytical background
· Proficiency with Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Capability in Python, R, or other packages to analyze data and develop graphics
· Research capability, with a focus on data intensive research
· Willingness to take on new tasks and expand electricity market knowledge
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are asked to visit Power Advisory’s website www.poweradvisoryllc.com to make themselves familiar with the organization. To apply,please send a cover letter and resume (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Electricity Market Analyst”. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview may be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in Power Advisory.
About Power Advisory
Power Advisory offers extensive experience in North American electricity markets.
Our market assessments are robust and reflect the deep understanding of the power system, market design and investment climate. Furthermore, we are regularly called upon by clients to critically assess project economics and to evaluate the reasonableness of their underlying assumptions in both wholesale and regulated markets.
Our advice is based on an understanding of fundamental economic drivers as shaped by electricity market structures, electricity market design, project development and associated commercial and financing agreements, regulatory frameworks, and market behavior. Our consulting services are provided by seasoned electricity sector professionals who offer a wide breadth and significant depth of industry knowledge. This experience and knowledge, combined with a detailed understanding of market fundamentals, yields the strategic insights that provide clients with the market advice that enhances project value and mitigates project risk.
Power Advisory was formed in 2007. We maintain offices in the Metropolitan Boston area and Toronto.